PLA Compostable Cling Film or Cling Wrapping
Our compostable cling film is mainly made from biodegradable /compostable material PLA (polylactic acid), PBAT and another small amount of biodegradable additives. Among them, PLA is bio-based material, which is made from starch raw materials proposed by renewable plant resources(such as corn, cassava, etc.).
Get Our Best Quotes
Please Fill in the Form Below and Our Engineers Will Respond within 24 Hours
What is a PLA Compostable Cling Film?
Our PLA compostable cling film is made with biodegradable and compostable materials that offer a sustainable solution to plastic wrap.
Our compostable cling-wrapping film also adheres to European standard EN 13432 and American standard ASTM D6400. It is food safe and tested to SGS standards for microwave and freezer safe. All organic ingredients are certified GMO-free.
- Our PLA compostable cling film is biodegradable and compostable, helping reduce landfill waste.
- The product has excellent clarity and strength compared to traditional polyethylene films, making it ideal for food packaging applications.
- Certified by BPI (Biodegradable Products Institute), ASTM D6400 and EN13432 standards for natural elements breakdown within a reasonable timeframe.
- PLA compostable cling film is available in 12 and 15-micron thicknesses or customized thickness.
- It is highly elastic and durable, able to stretch around large items without tearing or breaking.
- Can be used as an overwrap on side-sealed food items like sandwiches, subs and salads.
- Has good resistance against water vapour transmission rate (WVTR), keeping food fresh for longer than traditional wrapping materials.
- It is suitable for a variety of uses, including food packaging, household wrapping paper, and industrial wrapping materials.
- Restaurants and grocery stores can benefit from its eco-friendly properties.
- It is also appropriate for medical settings such as dental practices due to its ease of disposal.
|PLA Compostable cling film or cling wrapping
|Packing fresh foods
|1, Biodegradable and compostable
|2, Nontoxic , food grade
|3, Raw material is from natural material
|Available for free if we have in stock , proofing will be rechecked
|5 layer carton
|ISO 9001, biodegradable/compostable certificates
|T/T / 50% deposit ,balance should be paid before shipment.
Quotation Notice: If a quotation is needed, some details must be provided, such as the size, pieces per roll, printing and so on.
Multiple sizes and colors available for customization
Cling film is one of those products that seems like a no-brainer. After all, it’s just a piece of plastic film that you use to seal food items. But is cling film compostable? And if it isn’t, what should you do with it? In this blog post, we will explore whether cling film is compostable
The world of packaging is constantly evolving, and one of the biggest changes has been the move to more sustainable materials. Biodegradable films are a great example of this shift, offering customers a more environmentally friendly option. But which films are the best for biodegradability? This article will explore this question and provide a list
We all know composting is a great way to recycle materials and reduce landfill output. But what about cling wrap? After all, it’s made of plastic and paper. Is it compostable? In this post, we will explore the compostability of cling wrap and answer some questions you may have about the product. From whether or
Are you looking for a manufacturer of Compostable Cling Films in customizable design and sizes? Don't look any further; contact us now! We are a Chinese factory with a 24-hour free consultation service online.Contact Me
Frequently Asked Questions
- Yes, you can cook with compostable cling film. It may be a good idea to reheat food or cover food that is cooking in the oven.
- Compostable cling films are made from plant-based materials and will break down when they come into contact with soil, water or sunlight. They do not contain any plastic, so they are fully biodegradable.
- The best thing about these films is that they can be used in the microwave and the oven. You can also use them to cover salads or other foods that you are keeping in the refrigerator. They can even cover leftovers if you want them to stay warm until you’re ready to eat them again.
- Since these films are made from natural materials, they will not hurt your health if you use them as baking pans or baking sheets when baking cookies or other types of food that need protection during cooking.
While cling film is compostable and biodegradable, it can actually take up to two years for it to break down fully. For this reason, you may be better off disposing of your compostable cling film in the landfill bin, or looking for an alternative that breaks down faster.
- As a rule of thumb, I would say that you should use your compostable cling film only once. Some people have used it more than once, but I think this is not a good idea as it will add to the waste you throw away daily.
- In addition, if you want to use it more than once, you must wash it properly before using it again.
- I hope this helps!
- The strength of compostable cling film is comparable to that of plastic cling film. Compostable cling film is made from plant-based materials, corn and sugarcane, rather than petroleum-based plastics. The material is strong enough to withstand the same pressure as plastic cling wrap. Compostable cling wrap is thinner and less rigid than plastic cling wrap, making it easier to use.
- You can recycle compostable cling film. The best way to do this is by taking it to your local recycling center.
- You can also recycle it by placing it in your compost bin, but be aware that it will take a long time for your compost to break down, so your food waste may not break down as quickly.
- Please be mindful of the environment when disposing of your cling film, and don’t throw it away carelessly!
Discover the complete solution for PLA biodegradable products
Your problem can be solved in no time